At Troldtekt A/S, the international Cradle to Cradle concept is the cornerstone of the company’s business strategy. This has resulted in Troldtekt being shortlisted for the prestigious Responsible Business Awards, which will be presented by the UK-based Ethical Corporation at an awards ceremony in London on 25 September. Troldtekt is one of seven companies to be shortlisted in the category Business Strategy – Best Small to Medium Enterprise. The award goes to the company with under 250 employees that has most clearly innovated on sustainability in 2014.
Roadmap with specific goals
Troldtekt manufactures acoustic panels which ensure good acoustics and a healthy indoor climate in buildings. The company’s products are manufactured in Denmark and are made of the natural materials wood and cement. In 2012, Troldtekt drew up a 10 year roadmap with goals for responsible and value-creating Cradle to Cradle activities through to 2022. Several goals have already been achieved and new goals added.
Good for the environment and the bottom line
Troldtekt CEO Peer Leth welcomes the recognition that the company is in the running for this distinguished international award.
“We are investing massively in sustainable, responsible initiatives, among other things within renewable energy and material recycling, because we believe it pays to do so. This is not just for the environment but also for the bottom line. The fact that we have now been shortlisted for the Responsible Business Awards helps to confirm that we are on the right track,” he says.
CSR report documents initiatives
Every year, Troldtekt documents its sustainable and responsible initiatives in the company’s CSR report. For the first time, the CSR report 2014 is structured according to the principles of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI G4).
In 2014, Troldtekt’s strategic work with Cradle to Cradle won the company the Danish CSR Awards Strategy Prize.
FACTS: Troldtekt A/S and Cradle to Cradle
• Troldtekt has drawn up a roadmap for the company’s Cradle to Cradle work up until 2022.
• The roadmap describes goals within six areas: Material health, Material reutilisation, Renewable energy, Water stewardship, Social fairness and General implementation.
• Ninety-two per cent of Troldtekt’s products have qualified for Cradle to Cradle certification in the Silver category.
FACTS: Responsible Business Awards
• The Responsible Business Awards 2015 are awarded in four main categories with a total of 17 sub-categories. Troldtekt is one of seven nominees in the category Business Strategy – Best Small to Medium Enterprise.
• This is the sixth time these annual awards are being presented by Ethical Corporation, the British the company behind them.
• The awards ceremony takes place on 25 September in London.