Troldtekt® in the running for UK CSR award
Troldtekt has been nominated for the Responsible Business Awards 2015 for its business strategy work with the Cradle to Cradle concept.
Troldtekt is one of seven nominees shortlisted in the category Business Strategy – Best Small to Medium Enterprise, where the award goes to the company with under 250 employees that has most clearly innovated on sustainability in 2014. The award will be presented by the UK-based company Ethical Corporation at an awards ceremony in London on 25 September.
Roadmap with specific goals
In 2012, Troldtekt drew up a 10 year roadmap with goals for responsible and value-creating Cradle to Cradle activities through to 2022. Several goals have already been achieved and new goals added.
“We are investing massively in sustainability, among other things within renewable energy and material recycling, because we believe it pays to do so. This is not just for the environment but also for the bottom line. The fact that we have been nominated for the Responsible Business Awards confirms that we are on the right track,” says Troldtekt’s CEO, Peer Leth.
CSR report documents initiatives
Every year, Troldtekt documents its sustainable and responsible initiatives in the company’s CSR report for UN Global Compact. For the first time, the CSR report 2014 is structured according to the principles of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI G4).
In 2014, Troldtekt’s strategic work with Cradle to Cradle won the company the Danish CSR Awards Strategy Prize.
FACTS: Troldtekt A/S and Cradle to Cradle
• Troldtekt’s Cradle to Cradle roadmap describes goals within six focus areas: Material health, Material reutilisation, Renewable energy, Water stewardship, Social fairness and Generalimplementation.
• Ninety-two per cent of Troldtekt’s products have qualified for Cradle to Cradle certification in the Silver category.
FACTS: Responsible Business Awards
• The Responsible Business Awards 2015 are awarded in four main categories with a total of 17 sub-categories. Troldtekt is one of seven nominees in the category Business Strategy – Best Small to Medium Enterprise.
• This is the sixth time these annual awards are being presented by Ethical Corporation, the British company behind them.
• The awards ceremony takes place on 25 September in London.
Read more about the Responsible Business Awards.